The research team of TRUST is extremely grateful for our cooperation with our user panel – this project would not have been possible without their help!
Why do we have a user panel?
The main aim of the TRUST study is to uncover knowledge that can be used to provide better help to individuals subjected to sexual assault. To achieve this goal, we believe it is important to involve a user panel at all stages of the study; in the planning, execution and dissemination of results. The user panel’s voice can help us navigate the field, ensuring that we always prioritize the topics that are relevant and important to the target audience.
Who are the members of the user panel?
The user panel consists of a selected group of people who have themselves experienced sexual assault and rape, as well as selected interest organizations that work with the topic at multiple levels, both directly with the target group and at a more overarching level.
- A selected group of people who have themselves experienced sexual assault
- The Nok. Centres
- DIXI Resource Centre
- National Association for Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- The Norwegian Council for Mental Health (NCMH)
- RVTS East
What is the role of the user panel?
The user panel has valuable knowledge and important experiences that will impact how the study is designed and carried out. Therefore, the panel members are regularly contacted and encouraged to give input on various issues.
So far, the user panel has given input about:
- Which topics are relevant to the target audience?
- How do we reach the target group in a way that makes it feel safe to participate?
- How can we motivate the participants to continue their participation in the longitudinal study?
- How do we ensure that the participants have the necessary support provided in case of negative reactions?
- How can we reach more individuals subjected to sexual assault with our study?